BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, April 13, 2012

It's Our Song



I heard this song yesterday. It had been a tough day. Elizabeth was so sick. There was an accident in the car. A long wait in the doctor's office. Horrible traffic on the way home. As I'm trying my darnedest, to get there before the school bus. It was just a tough day.

This song came on. I hadn't heard it before. My brain was in overdrive. Trying to remember if I had fed Audrey lunch. And did I really have that 2nd medicine at home? I hoped that I wouldn't have to go back to Walgreen's. But these words spoke to me.

This song made me realize, I'm not in this alone. I have the most amazing man, who loves me. The man that vowed to be my husband, for all eternity. This man, that I've loved for almost my entire lifetime. We've had our ups and downs. Pretty serious ones. But in the end, we came back to each other. Because life, didn't make sense without each other.

My hubs knew it was a tough day. He'd called at lunch time. When Audrey was asking for a snack. I was pulled over, on the side of the road. Trying to clean up Lizzie. And the car. While I was on hold with the doctor's office. He could tell, it wasn't a good time. He just knew.

My hubs told me, he loved me. It was going to be OK. Did I need any help? I assured him, that I could handle it. And honestly, just hearing his voice, made me feel like I could. While I calmed down Lizzie, he talked to Audrey. Remember, I was on the side of the road. Kids in the car. Mommy trying to hold it together.

My hubs got off of work early. When we pulled into the driveway, my hubs was there. Getting Jake and Bri into the house. I'm sure, they were fully involved in conversations about crayons, kickball, and all things elementary school. :)

But he stopped. Turned to my car. My hubs came and gave me a big hug and kiss. Held me. In that minute, all the chaos was gone. I felt safe. I knew, together we could get through this. Lately, things have been so tough for our family. I just needed my husband.

Kisses around. Audrey was so happy to see her daddy. And a sleeping Lizzie was carried to her bed. By her very own, "Prince Charmin." We walked into the kitchen. Pizza, salad, and dessert waited for us. My hubs tended to Lizzie, before she fell asleep. Then the 5 of us, sat down to an early dinner. He thought of everything!

As the girls and I cleaned up the kitchen, my hubs took Jake outside. They had buckets in hand. It made me curious. As the girls settle into playtime, I went to check on my 2 favorite guys. "Jake we have to take care of girls. Especially our girls. It's the most important thing. We have to love them. Make things better. Safe. Do you understand?" They were having a "father-son talk."

In these little moments, I know that I have the best husband in the world! He's an amazing daddy. I know, our kiddos are going to grow up, and be amazing. Because of the man I love! They show him, how to treat people. And how they should be treated. He teaches Jake how to be an amazing man! And shows our girls, how men should treat them. :)

Last night, long after the kiddos went to bed, my hubs came to bed. Our sick Lizzie, nuzzled into me. Feverish still. "Babe, I love you. I should tell you more often. But I do." "I love you." "I heard this song today. It's perfect. It should be our song." Ya, we'd heard the same song. And thought about each other. I told you, we've had a complicated life together. But I'm telling you, we were meant for each other. 100%!! God gave us each other, for the good and the bad. He's made our relationship stronger. I for one, am so grateful! ~Maggie

0 comments: